суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

common fossils of pennsylvania




Amazingly enough, Tim scrounged up the guts to go to the movies last night with myself + other Archers... Only he had been saving a spot for me in line and the others had were forced to wait to get balcony seating. It was an interesting/somewhat awkward experience.

After we parted ways, the Archers were walking home.. Our usual way when we get off at Union Station. It was there in the main lobby area that we bumped into these two interesting people- a drunk guy sitting in a mail cart and an even drunker girl pushing him along, yelling, "beep beep"

When the rest of their group joined them, they caught our attention when one of them uttered their address. It turns out these students, all from the University of Illinois, are our next door neighbors. The ones I steal internet from on a daily basis.

So these Illinois people are interested in forming some kind of bond with us, which is cool and everything, but their drunken appearances kind of turned me off.

Right now Iapos;m contemplating whether or not deciding to stay in was a good or bad choice. This has been the first time both of my room mates (who are also sick) have gone "out" without me. Itapos;s usually just one, or maybe even two of us who goes out in a single night.. But today is Lindseyapos;s birthday, and they were expecting me to go. I decided to shower, drink soup, and hope I get better soon instead.

Today we had another Advocacy class with Dr. Daly. Daly is a full-time professor at UT-Austin, and flies up here three weekends out of the semester to teach us. We had class in the Rayburn building, specifically in the room where the Committee on Energy and Commerce meets; we got to sit in their desks and everything. It was awesome. Iapos;m sure the Congressman who usually sits where I was sitting today will eventually catch my cold. :-/

Iapos;m still amazed at how well everyone is getting along. The Archer Center mustapos;ve thought long and hard about whoapos;s rooming with who, whoapos;s in each house, etc. I LOVE my room mates; my first year in college was a total nightmare compared to this. I can actually foresee myself developing lasting friendships beyond this semester with the people here, which is rare for me to say.

I thank God everyday that Iapos;m getting the opportunity to do this. It hit me again today as I was passing the Jefferson building (Library of Congress) and the Capitol to my left, with the autumn leaves falling in the perfect sweater/hot chocolate-weather. I absolutely adore this city, and wouldnapos;t be surprised if I saw myself attending law school or landing my first job in this DC/East Coast area (because I love New York/Massachusetts as well). Itapos;s definitely a refreshing switch from Texas.

Oh yeah, and W. Wasnapos;t that great. It wasnapos;t completely bad, but definitely not worth the Uptownapos;s pricey admission. For those of you who havenapos;t seen it, wait until it comes out on DVD.

Now I have to call my dad/Lupe, check up on the UT football score, and try and sleep off this illness...

failover implement internet link, common fossils of pennsylvania, common found in jerusalem tree, common foundation ground, common foundation sense.



Комментариев нет: